FAHRION provides the largest range of forms and executions of collets DIN 6499/ISO15488 (ER/ESX) for different applications.
These standard collets are as accurate as other suppliers ultra precision collets.
Increased rigidity and clamping forces, improved grip, higher precision and system concentricity, enhanced resistance to corrosion for ER-B, ER-HP, ER-HP+, ER-D, ER-DD due to super-finished executionDIN6499/ISO15488 - form B
1. Unless otherwise indicated, form ER-B will be supplied.
2. Collets DIN6499/ISO15488-form A are completely interchangeable with collets form B, but do not fit into our Precision Collet Chucks HPplus.
3. Can be used, but the concentricity of the complete system is influenced.
4. Highest concentricity of the complete system when clamping nominal size Ø h10.
5. Collet sizes in mm or inch as shown in description.
Precise - FAHRION collets DIN6499/ISO15488 - Form B (ER/ESX) set new standards of concentricity and repeatability, which is 5µm for the types ER11 up to ER40.
What are the advantages for you?
Rigid - 12 slots are sufficient in order to reach the required collapse to DIN6499/ISO15488 ISO15488.
This is possible because of a special steel produced for us and a particular harmonized heat treatment. Compared to 16 slot collets, our collets have less tendency to distort.
Saving - all edges are not only deburred, but additionally rounded, which is a prerequisite to protect the inner cone of the collet chuck from marks. This process is important to guarantee a consistent repeatable high accuracy.
Cost example for a carbide drill Ø 12 mm with collet DIN6499/ISO15488-form B, type 470 E:
Example 1: System Concentricity ≤ 10 μm
Example 2: System Concentricity ≤ 25 μm
Result: Cheap collets almost triple the costs!
Our Fahrion collets can dramatically reduce your overall tooling costs.