Best is a family-owned company headquartered in Filderstadt-Bonlanden near Stuttgart. Specialising in axial clamping technology, the company is a leading manufacturer of low-profile, centric (self-centering) vices that are particularly suited to clamping components undergoing multi-axis metalcutting application on machining centres.
The company prides itself on the high-quality, reliability of the products which is achieved by the application in all areas of the business of the highest standards of DIN EN ISO 9001.
The range of products available includes:
- Centric Vices: mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic which have the ability to clamp on only 3mm of material with clamping forces of up to 100kN whilst offering ± 0.01mm centring accuracy with five microns repeatability of centricity for manual and pneumatic vices and one micron repeatability for hydraulic types.
- Jaws: a comprehensive range of standard and speciality jaws, including: blank, stepped, grip, pendulum and prism jaws are available to suit the units.
- Custom Solutions: BEST has the capacity to develop workpiece specific special solutions.
- Tombstones: Epoxy Mineral tombstones which are vibration absorbing and light weight are available with an integrated Realpoint Zero-Point clamping system.
- 5 Axis Pyramids: for multiple clamping positions.