A Chick Workholding Foundation Plate is tailored to fit the machine’s specifications.
£ Price on application
- A standard grid pattern to simplify designing, cataloguing and utilisation of fixtures, providing consistency and repeatability to set-ups.
- Length and width tailored to the machine’s work envelope.
- Precision ground cast iron to 35mm thick.
- 50mm spaced holes, drilled and tapped, for use as both location and hold down. Sealed with chip plugs.
- An alpha-numeric labelling system.
- Minimises set up time from workholding system to system.
- Machine interface mounting holes, customised for each machining centre.
Each hole within the 50mm grid pattern has a 12mm bushing for accurate location and an M12 thread for bolt down. These holes are sealed with patented chip plugs preventing the build of chips/swarf.
Accuracy and repeatability are further enhanced through the use of purpose designed M12 bolts with precision ground shoulders and dedicated Chick Foundation Blox – high strength aluminium blocks that can be machined into a dedicated component for individual set ups.
050-0001 – Foundation Blox
Foundation Blox are blank, high strength aluminium blocks that are machined into a dedicated component of the set-up. Ideal for designing component modular fixtures on Foundation Plates
050-0002 – Accurate Bolts
M12 bolts with a ground shoulder that provides precision repeatability when using Foundation Blox or any other modular fixturing components.